I'd Scream - If It Wasn't for the Fear of Drowning

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Gosh, I'd hate for this blog to turn into a "woe is me" victimization blog.

I've had some really great experiences... but it seems when it's time to write something down, it almost always bad. I need a new angle. And fast!

School is upon us as parents... and as students. That is what I am this semester. A teacher, a student, a parent, a wife, a mother, a muslimah... somewhere in there a counselor, confidante, adviser and batty. Yes, batty.

By definition, Adjective: Crazy; insane (Thanks Google Dictionary *wink*).

Some version of myself in between losing my wits and maintaining sanity. I have returned to piling things upon my plate without emptying the contents on it first. There is a saying that you can't fill a glass, that is already full. Watch me. This is like a live transfusion without anesthesia, painful but intriguing to watch. Replacing perfectly good blood, with more blood unnecessarily. Yep, batty.

So home schooling has restarted and I'm falling behind, as usual. These are the times where I'm grateful that I have independent children. Who don't like to study on their own. No, we won't throw our hands up, we always pull through. A mad rush at the end of the quarter and of course "swearing" that we will be more organized, come second quarter... then third quarter... then fourth quarter and YES! Pulling through at the end of the year. It's not all bad, just when you think they don't learn a thing because of the random drama that is going on in our lives, the children surprise you. Man these kids don't miss a beat! Just when you think they aren't listening, these mini sponges are soaking up almost every word and their brains process it so differently, so quickly. I'm enjoying it. I enjoyed it last year... now its a new school year. Me on the other hand...

*Sighs* - Returning to school is a trial in and of itself. I love it, there is a sense of accomplishment there that I am finally returning and finishing what I've started. It is the beginning of the year and I am in -Sink or Swim- mode. Literally, arms flailing and gasping for air to stay afloat. Maybe I should not have taken on such a heavy load.

Five Classes! Really who puts a Science, a Math and a Humanities course in the same semester? Yours truly. I'd scream, if it wasn't for fear of swallowing huge gulps of these perilous dark waters. Okay, I'm exaggerating... a little. It helps that the family is supportive. I should be doing classwork right now.

But I'm blogging and facebooking... and interneting... and "everything else"ing... except for school.

Like I said... batty. Get to it! I'm also thinking of changing the name of this blog. Maybe I'll start a new blog on that, right now. :-/

0 comments:

 
Humbled Opinions © 2012 | Designed by Bubble Shooter, in collaboration with Reseller Hosting , Forum Jual Beli and Business Solutions