Historical Takoma Park?

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Yes... this is Comcast's new excuse. What does this mean? This means they need a county permit to come out and do an UG drop (an underground dig where they rewire the lines and finally get service to my house, inshaa Allaah... see I'm picking up the Comcast lingo! I could work for them! LOL). Since there are wildlife and conservation areas in my neighborhood there is no telling how long this will take.*sighs*. Yet one helpful Comcat rep explained it all to me... I suppose they've been working at Comcast for a while... Apparently Verizon - who has a monopoly in my neighborhood- generally comes out to install FIOS, while doing so they "accidentally" cut Comcast wires and then it becomes Comcast's problem to come out and fix the problem. The issue with this... I don't like FIOS, will never install FIOS or order from Verizon. EVER. Their service is absolutely horrible and their technicians are annoying. So what do I do????  I suppose I wait. This puts some of my online studies and my daughters online homeschooling  studies... on hold. However this gives us a chance to head to the library and do some of the more "fun" things in homeschooling like nature trails, cooking and museums! Woohoo!!  I also came across a new service called CLEAR, so first thing Monday AM... I'll be looking into their products. Anyone heard of them? Good or bad reviews?

In the meantime... I believe my woodland creatures are getting used to me... less apples are falling from the trees and I don't hear so much rustling in the bushes. It may just be that they are settling in for the fall or we're coming up with a treuce... Something about tossing out stale bread has tamed the "savage" beasts and I think they like me... they really really like me *smirks* I have a dreaded feeling this is only temporary and I will kindly keep you updated on tree rats, forest mongrels and the deer (I dare not speak out against the deer, for goodness sake they have antlers!!). I have a sneaking suspicion they peer in through my windows while I'm sleeping and the main deer has a slight guttural tone similar to that of the Godfather... So until next time... I'm out! *smiles*

0 comments:

 
Humbled Opinions © 2012 | Designed by Bubble Shooter, in collaboration with Reseller Hosting , Forum Jual Beli and Business Solutions