Confusion in UAE

Friday, December 17, 2010

Is anyone else just as confused as I am about the 11 million dollar "Christmas" tree that was put up in the hotel Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi? Of all the secular, anti Islamic, pagan, disbeliever symbols that you could possibly muster up... the "Shirkmas" tree is at or near the top of the list. Top ten affirmatively. Our Nabiyu'l kareem, sallallaahu alayhi wa salaam, foresaw this during his time.

"You will surely follow those who came before you, inch by inch, step by step; so much so that if they were to enter into a lizard's hole, you would follow them. We (the Sahaabah) said: 'O messenger of Allaah! Do you mean the Jews and the Christians?' He sallallaahu alayhi wa salaamsaid: Who else?" (Saheeh Muslim, Book of Knowledge, chapter 3 hadeeth #2669)

*sighs*. Allaahu musta'an.

$11 million dollar Shirkmas Tree at Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi UAE

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salaam alaikum
I was just as confused about the $11 dollar Christmas tree! I suppose it's for the tourists, but 11 million dollars ?! Woww
It doesn't even look that amazing for that much money. What a waste.

* said...

What a waste. The people that they want to impress could care less, that's the thing that's most amusing.

Anonymous said...

great blog If you are the type to update your blog regulary, then you have gained one daily reader in me today. keep up the super work.

* said...

Hi sis I tried to comment on your other blog, but could not. I just want to say Salam and Kudos, I am doing some projects with my kids and I think it's great. A Pay it Forward type idea is marvelous. I like hearing kids speak about their thoughts and expressing them.

Good luck and I'm glad you passed the homeschool test.

 
Humbled Opinions © 2012 | Designed by Bubble Shooter, in collaboration with Reseller Hosting , Forum Jual Beli and Business Solutions